Dog Training Methods . . .Does Right & Wrong Exist?
If you have thoughts about some wonderful breed of the dog with intelligent, warm, comical, loving character then you probably should be thinking about the basset hound. They are suitable for your family and they can manage themselves with the family member especially with the children. They are eager to please their owner and are capable enough to learn any type of tricks and command but they are little stubborn so it could be somehow a challenging while training a basset hound. Training a basset hound is quite difficult task to do as they deny respecting their owner and they do whatever their hound leads them to do.
1. During the training sessions, some point should be noted in the case of the basset hound. They have acquired a unique structure of the bone. They have more number of bones and are usually long. Because of this reason, it is better to keep some of the activities minimum especially during their childhood.
2. Consistency is the most important factor that determines the quality of the training. If it is well maintained while training the basset hound, they along with the owner can enjoy the time. Plus there must be some sort of fun during the training period so that you and your will not be bored.
3. You must be giving the reward to the dogs. Often the basset hound responds to the form of reward. They have strong will to complete the task as the reward is given. But you should not show them reward before completion of the task. Treat system will make the hound eager to complete the task.
4. They are very much poor in the obedience training. You have to keep in mind that they are the attracted to any scent as they follow their nose. They are the dog having low desire to please their master and they may rather love you death than respect you. So you can take the help of some experience trainer for this.
5. There must be certain limitation in the time. These hounds become bored very soon and very easily. It will be good if the training session last for a short while than the long one.
6. Train your basset hound where to do their business at. So for the house training, persistence, and patience are the key for the successful result from the basset hounds.
7. Finally, training a basset hound can give you the well trained, well behaved, and more enjoyable companion one wish for.
- Dog Training: Great Dane pup – Maximum Input Programme @ Flip’s Top Dog, Auckland
- Animal Behavior College – Dog Training School
How to Train Your Dog to NOT RUN AWAY! How to Teach your Dog to STAY while DISTRACTED
Even the best dog in the world, a.k.a. your dog, will from time to time exhibit behavior that is unacceptable. The thing to keep in mind is that the bad behavior or bad habit is not done to annoy you. There is usually something specific that triggers the behavior. Finding out the cause of the unwanted behavior should be the first step. If the cause can be identified, you can begin training to change the unwanted behavior. Whether you want to get rid of bad behavior or just want your dog to learn something new, it will take some time, effort, and patience. Whatever the reason, training should be an enjoyable experience for you and your dog,
The earlier in your dogs life you start training the better. You can start training as early as 6 to 8 weeks and maybe even earlier. However, remember that dogs are intelligent and it is never too late to train your dog. Your dog needs strong but kind leadership. It is important that your dog always knows that you are the leader in this relationship.
1. This is a learning experience for your dog but is also a time of bonding between you and your pet. The time you spend training your dog should be fun for both of you.
2. The training sessions should be fairly short, between 10 and 15 minutes. It is better to have short, frequent training sessions rather than long, infrequent ones.
3. Training should be a good experience for your dog so you should not use negative reinforcement. Determine whether food or praise is the more powerful reward for your dog. If food is the main motivator, try to schedule training sessions before meal time. If praise works better, try to train at a time when your dog is craving your attention.
4. Use short one or two word commands. A good place to start would be with some basic commands sit, stay, come, and heel. Reward your dog immediately after a correct response to make sure your dog makes the connection between correct behavior and reward. Gradually increase the amount of time your dog has to obey your command, for example, in the STAY position before you give a reward.
5. Initial training should be in a quiet place free from distractions. Once your dog has progressed, you may want to move the training to an environment with more distractions.
6. Use a leash when you start the training. As your dogs responses to your commands improve, continue to increase the length of the leash between you and your dog until your dog obeys your commands without using the leash.
- DEaf Dog Training Great Dane Tosca Off Leash Pet Supplies Plus DOGTRA REMOTE
German shepherd protection dogs training – bite work and long attack – male Tayson
Training a German Shepherd comes with it’s own unique challenges that other breeds don’t give you. One of the most rewarding breeds of dog the German Shepherd dog tends to have a very distinctive personality that makes training it something that requires special attention.
A few reasons why you will need specific advice on German Shepherd training
· A GSD (German Shepherd Dog) is one of the most energetic breeds of dog
· They require considerable mental as well as energetic stimulation
· A lot are very particular about what they eat
· They suffer from numerous health problems inherent in the breed (e.g. hip dysplasia)
German Shepherd Training
So what specifics do you need to consider when German Shepherd training?
Firstly you must remember just how energetic your dog is. They require a lot of rigorous exercise every day – and before they do they have trouble concentrating. So make sure that you exercise them before getting into any serious obedience training or they won’t concentrate as well.
The level of mental stimulation they need is also considerable, so don’t have just one training session a day. On top of that training session look to include training in everyday activities, like getting them to sit before crossing a road or eating.
Make sure you are also thinking about what their diet is when you are giving them food rewards. Because of the health issues associated with the breed it is best to give a German Shepherd a very healthy diet – to that end make sure the treats and rewards you give are healthy. GSD’s certainly do well with a lot of protein in their diet.
If one of the training methods that you are consider is obedience schools make sure they allow German Shepherds. A lot of schools don’t allow German Shepherds because of how they are with other canines. Some will require you to muzzle the dog, DON’T. Muzzling them will make training far harder.
First Responders of 31 local Armstrong County Fire Departments are now best-equipped to save pets lives during a fire thanks to two local Invisible Fence Brand dealers.
This donation is just a small part of Invisible Fence Brands Project Breathe program, which was established with the goal of equipping every fire station in America and Canada with pet oxygen masks. The Invisible Fence Company of Pittsburgh, located in Greensburg and the Invisible Fence Company of Western PA have both been very active in their efforts to gain awareness and fulfill the program for this part of Pennsylvania. To date, through these two dealers, over 200 masks have been donated and nationally, over 10,000 are now on first responder vehicles ready for use.
When a family suffers the tragedy of a fire, lives are turned upside down, said Albert Lee, Director of Invisible Fence Brand. Pets are valued family members, so we want families to know that their pet can be cared for if tragedy strikes.
These masks truly are blessings for the Armstrong County area, said Lt. Luke Linnon Weve seen residents run back into burning homes to save a pet. Its understandable, but extremely dangerous. These masks will give residents comfort in knowing that we can save their pets if they are suffering from smoke inhalation.
The donation event was held at the Manor Township Volunteer Fire Department and included instruction on how to recover a frightened pet, first aid and pet CPR demonstration and Pet Oxygen Mask training. We are honored to be working with pet professionals like CART, Pet Emergency Training and Learning to Lead to fully equip and train first responders. said Carolyn Mento co-owner of Invisible Fence of Pittsburgh. It is not easy to find, rescue and treat a pet during the randomness of a fire. But this training gives first responders the tools to make a difference when they are out there. A reported 120+ pets have been saved by the nationally donated masks so far, including a number of dogs and cats in our area.
Armstrong County is now joining the ranks of cities like Pittsburgh, Denver, Chicago and Memphis, who have all received donated pet oxygen masks from Project Breathe program.
We still have a long way to go, says Mento of the efforts to succeed in the programs mission, But every donation takes us a step further.
Invisible Fence Brand has set up a website, http://www.invisiblefence.com/O2 where people or companies can assist with contributions.
About Invisible Fence Brand Invisible Fence Brand is the original electronic pet containment system and offers a comprehensive family of containment, avoidance, and access products to keep pets out of harm’s way and prevent unwanted behaviors throughout both the home and yard. Owned by Radio Systems Corporation in Knoxville, Tenn., Invisible Fence Brand solutions are sold nationwide by professional, authorized dealers who provide Perfect Start Pet training and custom installation that have safely contained over 2 million pets. Invisible Fence Brand has taken pet care beyond the home and started the Project Breathe program, which has donated more than 10,000 pet oxygen masks to fire departments and first responders. For more information on Invisible Fence Brand or to find a local dealer, visit http://www.invisiblefence.com.
- How to Start Training a New Dog FAST!