- SMALL DOG POTTY TRAINING WITH THE CHICAGO DOG COACH
- Obedience Dog Training DVD Commands
Dog Training Tips: How To Train A Puppy To Sit
People who love dogs would recognize a boxer dog right away – it’s hard to miss a handsome dog with chiseled head, cropped ears and a muscular build which stands on its hind legs, prepping to box with its front paws. Boxer dogs are among the most favorite pet companions of people across the globe and for good reason; boxers have an entire list of fine attributes from being calm, intuitive dogs to being playful and patient. But just like any other animal, your boxer needs appropriate training and care to turn it into a lovable canine family pet. To help you with boxer dog training, heed these useful tips:
1. Get to know your dog first. Learn about the boxer breed even before bringing a new puppy home. Research is an inevitable first step to responsible dog ownership. Every dog breed highlights peculiarities in a particular group of canines. Extremely intelligent and playful, boxers forge strong bonds with their owners that last through their lifetimes. Knowing how to train one is crucial to a loyal companionship.
2. Begin with a puppy. Naturally intelligent dogs, boxers are stubborn and strong-willed breeds. Housebreaking and obedience training as best done as early as possible. Also, because of their defined features and creased brows, people tend to assume boxers are ferocious dogs and are naturally aggressive. In truth, boxers are more playful than many other dog breeds but are excellent guard dogs as well. As in any other dog, a boxer protective instinct is roused with perceived threat or aggression. It’s best to train your boxer early to recognize any potential problems.
3. Prepare to be tested. At about 13 weeks old, your boxer puts your resolve to the test. You’ll know it’s time to be tough on boxer dog training when your pet nips and chews and generally ignores your commands. When boxers give you the dominance test, it’s important to assume the leadership role and be firmly consistent. Dogs are pack animals; even boxers submit to the recognized pack leader.
4. Socialize with your dog. An important aspect of boxer dog training is socialization. Boxers need to get used to being around other dogs and people. This is important to curb aggressive tendencies. While training classes are excellent ways to expose your pet to others of his kind, it is equally important for owners to socialize with their pets. Play with your dog. Boxers are an exuberant bundle and would make good running companions. They’d also enjoy long walks or a game of catch.
Benefits of a Trained Boxer Dog
Boxer dog training itself is both an enjoyable and fulfilling experience where owner and pet grow to love and respect the other. Once you’re past the stubbornness of your boxer and have established a strong bond with him, you’ve won a friend, protector and companion for life. Boxers are excellent guard dogs and family pets. You’d be surprised to find your pet is also a pretty useful working dog as well.
- Search & Rescue Dogs Certification Testing
Dog Training Tips
House training your dog or puppy requires consistency. To make life easier on you should choose an area of your yard that will be the potty spot. You will want to take your puppy out to the designated spot every hour. At the designated area you will want to walk the dog around the area and also choose a keyword that you will always use when you are with the dog in the area. This will allow the dog to associate the command with going potty. You will want to continue this process until your dog goes potty in the designated area. You will want to reward him with praise and possibly a treat. Continue with the training and he will eventually understand that he only goes potty in the designated area.
There are many other trainings that you can use to train your dog. Obedience training is a great way to get your dog to obey your commands. This can help keep your dog and others safe. It can also relive stress that a dog with behavior problems can cause. Behavioral training may be much more difficult depending on the issues. Seeking assistance may be the right choice for you and your dog.
If you are encountering more problematic or behavioral issues with your dog then you may want to seek the assistance of a professional trainer. When deciding on a trainer, you may want to consider the following tips. Search for a trainer with years of experience and a good track record. Find a trainer that is willing to customize a program for your dog’s special needs. Every dog is not the same so every trading program should not be the same. Be sure to verify that the trainer or academy only uses humane training methods. Ask for references and look for any negative feedback online. Once you decide on a trainer that meets your criteria, you can then begin the training process.
Protect your Child || Train your Dog
Check out Darrel and Bravo as they demonstrate basic control during protection training. “Place” means for the dog to stay on top of his bowl while barking at the decoy. http://www.AttentionDogTraining.com
- Training Your Dog To A PetSafe Electronic Invisible Dog Fence
Free Hunting Dog Training Videos – Willow Creek Kennels – Positive Reinforcement Training
Dog training videos and DVDs are becoming a favourite, easy way of learning how to train your dog. Dog training classes and private dog trainers are pricey, so more people are now finding it less demanding to download dog training videos which they can watch at their own tempo and in the comfort of their own home, on the move on their laptop or listen to dog training books that are on audio.
In an ideal world where cash and time are not an issue my first option for training my dog would be a series of classes with a well-known professional dog trainer but like many people I simply cannot stretch to afford this. We all want the best training for our dogs though and there are many other excellent solutions available.
Cesar Millan is a household name now and you can buy his dog training DVD course for just over $ 130 which is quite affordable but there are further costs, such as the Illusion collar you need to buy for your dog to follow Cesar’s dog training video course. The collar is around $ 40. A great option though.
Dog training DVD courses have been proven to work better than just reading a book as you can actually watch the dog trainer in action, hearing how the voice is used to give commands and secondly seeing the body language which should be used. Your dog watches you constantly and hears you second.
It was these advantages to dog training videos that prompted me to find out more information online with a view to finding a good dog training DVD course by a professional dog trainer. I was quite surprised that most reviews online were for mainly ebooks with maybe just a short video included and most reviews I came across were written by people who had clearly never been near a dog and neither were the dog training videos or books written by a proper dog trainer!
I finally found a dog training DVD course through going into dog forums where I was given a personal recommendation from someone who had been using a dog training DVD course by a well-known professional dog trainer for 6 months and she had rescued her dog who sadly had been abused and needed to regain trust with people, which he did with the help of the training and of course, love and care.
Some research online about the dog trainer himself was very positive so I downloaded this Dog training DVD course – written by a long standing British professional dog trainer. There are 21 dog training videos, and over five hours of an audio book which is also supplied as an ebook to print and download. I also receive a newsletter regularly (plus all the previous newsletters) and can contact the trainer personally should I ever need. The videos are of the professional dog trainer with real dogs and the method of training does not involve harming your dog or require any special, pricey equipment.
I was happy with the price of $ 59 for this complete dog training DVD course which covers everything from preparing to bring your pup home, house training and ongoing training covering each stage of your dog’s life. Common dog obedience problems are also addressed in depth. These simple dog training videos helped me sort out my jealous little westie’s naughtiness!