Crate Training a New Puppy
You want a crate that’s large enough for your dog to turn around, stand up, or lie down in comfortably when he reaches full maturity. There are all different types of crates. Some are made of wire mesh, some are cloth mesh, or there are plastic types that are most often times called airline crates. You really want to consider the ease of assembly, but also the durability. Although heavier, wire crates are usually easy to put up and take down and are very durable.
The best type of crate is one you can take with you when you travel with your dog. You might even want to get two different crates. One for the car and one for the house. Then you don’t have to be carrying it back and forth which can become a real hassle.
Now the next step is teaching your new puppy to use the crate.
Here are 7 tips to coaxing your new puppy into his crate:
1. Set up the crate and let your puppy check it out. Put a blanket or one of the special crate pads inside.
2. Come up with a command, such as “Go to Bed” or “Go to your crate.” If you’re new puppy won’t enter the crate on his own or when you call to him then physically place your puppy in the crate.
3. Close the door, praise him and give him a little treat, and then let him out.
4. Use a treat to lure him into the crate. If he doesn’t want the treat and won’t follow it in, then physically place him inside and then give him the treat.
5. Close the door, praise him while he is inside, and give him another little treat.
6. Let him out again. And just remember, the treat can be anything as long as it motivates him.
7. Continue using the command you had chosen and giving your new puppy a treat after he enters into the crate until he is going into the crate all on his own.
If your new puppy happens to be afraid of the crate, try feeding him his meal in front of the crate. Then when you feed him his next meal place it just inside of the crate. Continue feeding him this way , each time pushing his food bowl further back into the crate until your new puppy is inside and isn’t afraid to go in on his own.
- The Worlds BEST Manstopping Protection dogs!! with DDK9 .mov
NLP Training Courses Essentials
NLP or Neuro-Linguistic Program is the kind of training that aims to help people improve themselves by giving them different techniques and strategies on developing their skills, facing their fears and changing perspective and behavior for the better. If you are the type of person who dream and aim high for the future, you should try to attend NLP training courses now. This will help you achieve whatever goal you set for yourself. However, you need to see first that the training course you will be attending is well-equipped with the things you need to improve yourself.
Some of the essentials for NLP are the following:
NLP should be well-structured – One of the main reasons for you to attend NLP courses is to learn things that can improve your personality as a whole person. Thus, being able to attend to well-structured NLP training programs is a must. But how will you determine if the NLP training being offered to you is well-structured? A well-structured NLP should be offered in a longer period of time for its attendee to fully learn, internalize, and apply all the things the whole training is teaching. Look right away on how long the training would last.
NLP should provide you with best media to help you learn fast – Most NLP training is done personally for you to be able to ask questions and be answered right away. Personal training is also important for you to fully understand the whole point of the training. But different media like CDs, DVDs and software are also important as this will keep your learning continuously even if you’re back at home.
NLP should have the best trainers – NLP should provide its trainee only the best trainers. Trainers should have enough experience on NLP training. NLP should have effective trainers to ensure that every person who attends the course will get to learn and apply in real life important life-changing things.
These NLP courses essentials should always be your concern. You have to consider the structure of the curriculum by looking at the training’s length of time, the different media used for a more effective learning, and the trainers who can help you during the training. It is not enough that NLP is a good principle. You should also choose the right training courses which can provide you with these essentials. Do not attend just any NLP courses being offered in your place or over the internet. Choose only the right and perfect one for you!
- Enzo training Clay’s Top Dog
- Force Training vs Positive Reinforcement for Dog Behavior and Dog Training
Preparing your dog for your new baby.
Have you ever wondered why some dogs are so calm around noisy environments, while others look nervous and stressed? There are many loud, new and unusual sounds a dog must get used to. Training our dogs to be comfortable with sound is essential to having a calm, well-adjusted dog. This video is specifically showing how easy dog owners can prepare their dogs for the arrival of their new baby. Watch the video and download the Sound Proof Puppy Training App today!
- Dog Training – motivating your dog for a fast, enthusiastic retrieve
- RMR: Rick and Guide Dogs