Teaching your dog basic obedience will make your household a more pleasant place for all. http://tinyurl.com/z3b5sx6
You Can Save a Life
A student practices the Heimlich Maneuver on a Hank Heimlich training doll. (L.E. Witcher Photography)
Cincinnati Reds fans can help the Heimlich Heroes program celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Heimlich Maneuver Reds home baseball games on June 7 and 8.
The Heimlich Heroes program teaches children ages seven and up how to perform the Heimlich Maneuver in order to save a person from choking to death.
Thoracic surgeon Dr. Henry Heimlich, 94, developed the maneuver in 1974, while he was director of surgery at Cincinnatis Jewish Hospital. The maneuver has saved countless thousands of people from choking deaths since then.
You can find us in the Fan Zone before and during the game both days. We are excited to host a table set up to inform baseball fans about the Heimlich Maneuver and the Heimlich Heroes program, said program manager Terri Huntington. We encourage fans to use the drop box which will be set up so we can hear your story. Dr. Heimlich is planning to make an appearance and well also have Hank and Heidi our specially designed training dolls on hand so visitors to the table can actually practice the maneuver and learn how to save a life. Practicing the maneuver on a doll helps people gain confidence to act if they should encounter this situation in real life.”
The June 7 and 8 Cincinnati Reds weekend is the perfect time to remind families nationwide of the importance of learning the Heimlich Maneuver and acting quickly in order to save a life. Reds third baseman Todd Frazier was recognized as a Heimlich Hero for administering the Heimlich Maneuver to a man choking on a piece of steak at a Pittsburgh restaurant two years ago.
About 5,000 people die from choking each year because those around them do not know what to do, according to the Centers for Disease Control.
Summer time is picnic time, and the chance of choking on a piece of food when talking, laughing or playing is increased, said Huntington. Hot dogs and pieces of hard candy are common choking hazards. This is the simplest first aid action proven to prevent a choking death and this teaching is critical to young and old alike. Four minutes is all you have before lack of oxygen to the brain causes permanent injury or death.
Heimlich Heroes is expanding rapidly throughout the country in school systems, national youth clubs, and other health-conscious organizations.
In the past few months alone, the program has trained more than 1,100 children ages seven through 18 in nine different states. For more information about the Heimlich Heroes program, visit the website at: http://www.heimlichheroes.com
Dr. Heimlich’s memoir, Heimlich’s Maneuvers: My Seventy Years of Lifesaving Innovation (Prometheus Books, 2014) describes how he came up with the Heimlich Maneuver and many other lifesaving innovations. It is available in bookstores and online.
Contact: Terri Huntington Email: thuntington(at)deaconess-cinti(dot)com Phone: (513) 559-2468
The Heimlich Heroes program is a Deaconess Associations, Inc. and Heimlich Institute initiative that teaches children ages seven and up how to become super heroes by learning to perform the Heimlich Maneuver correctly in order to save a life.
- DEaf Dog Training Great Dane Tosca Off Leash Pet Supplies Plus DOGTRA REMOTE
The Top Viable Dog Training Approach
Training your pet is extremely key . It is the solution that helps you get a great connection with your dog. If the pet you have is very obstinate, proper training can help remedy that. You can train weimaraner if you want to do so. If so, then you ought to have the right training method. The best method is one that gets probably the most from your dogs. Less than great training approaches will also result in an improperly trained animal.
Boston, MA 10/28/10 – Bill Snitterman is the CEO of a local publishing firm that specializes in dog training books. He owns quite a few dogs himself and he is a big advocate of the importance of having the right methods. “Your dogs will respond based on how you treat them,” said Snitterman. “The best approaches have been designed so that you get the most effective of your animal. It also releases some of the burdens of training.” Snitterman was also one of the many who were nearby at the launch of the new webpage – http://www.weimaranerproblems.com/train-weimaraner/, it studies weimaraner training.
Taking the position of pack leader is one the top training approaches out there. This advice has been frequently advocated by trainers all over since the idea of dog training came to be. This works the top since dogs are pack animals and they respect their pack leader. You won’t have as a good deal control over dogs if your weimaraner doesn’t have a great deal control over them.
However, in training, it is critical that you do not take things too far. Since you are taking the position of superior animal/alpha dog, it doesn’t mean that you have got to be horrible to your pets. It does not mean that you need to snarl always. You should not hit your pet or cause them any physical harm at any time. Doing that is likely to make your weimaraner fear you and it can also bring about issues with cowering. It is not the way to make your dogs obey you and it is going to create compliance by way of fear.
If you are training more than one dog, it is really key that you keep your animals from going at one another. This shows that you are to keep your dogs from fighting. If you do then they will determine their own superior animal/alpha dog. Power in a group of animals should be avoided as it should be kept back for the behaviorist.
You also should show constancy when it comes to your pets. This shows that you have to persist with the instructions that you have earlier given out. You should not flip-flop – it is not recommended. You should protect your dog from doing something that you would on the whole allow. For example, don’t let them hop on the chair without reprimanding it, especially if you usually do not on the whole allow it.
An expert dog trainer could help you if you find that yourself stuck when you train weimaraner or any other dogs. You can also go and use a self-help book. There are surely a great deal of these guides out there. They may help you train weimaraners and when followed correctly, they can prove to be some of the best training devices.
Tips for dog training
A trained dog can better help us in family life, and become a good family companion dog. However, many parents in the process of training dogs may don’t careful to use the appropriate method. Remember the following points should not do during training process and let training work more smoothly.
1. Don’t severe punishment for dog To the dog not to promote use corporal punishment. Same as child, there are a lot of dogs will produce negative mentality from the pain, it is easy to backfire. Severe punishment will only let the dog do more severe on next behavior, and the wrong behavior more frequently. If the dog bite bad things, first of all to make sure that the dog’s teeth growth or not, if it is, you can buy some molar items for dog using, that can reduce the bite frequency of other items. However, parents beat dog which use bite broken item, if this item is parent’s clothes and will let the dog do remember the smell of this item, and dog probably will continue to bite the parents of other things.
2. Don’t easy shouting with dog not obedient The dog can’t understand the human language, but it can understand people’s mood. When parents down the order to dog, but the dog do not understand, only can vaguely in situ looked at parents. At this time, some parents will try so hard and may shouting, and that will only backfire.
3. Don’t force dog when it can’t understand order Give order to dogs, the dog may not able to absorb, if parents give high pressure may make it produces self-abandoned and bad mood. This will be a vicious circle, let the dog more and more nervous, even can’t do parents given order.
4. Don’t pull up dog collar; too much force will damage the dog’s neck A big size dog should choose belt material collar; a small size dog can use plastic buckle collar. But no matter what material collar, you can pull up hard, because this will get serious damage on dog cervical vertebra, even cause life risk.
5. Don’t punish dog late when they make mistakes The dog intelligence is lower than human being; usually they don’t know that they make the troubles. If you really want to give dog a lesson, must do it on time when done something wrong, so the dog can understand and remember.
6. Don’t use the way of jejunitas to punish the dog Don’t give food or water to punish dog which has great harm to dog’s health; especially the young and old dog, so don’t suggest use this way into the training process.
If you want to be a good dog owner, you should treat them kindly and tender, and you also should shop cheap dog beds for them. And dogs need dog raincoat when you training them outdoor. Talkaboutpet also has cat sweaters with big discount!
- Sporting Scene – Cocker Spaniel Training Master Class P4 .
- Doberman Dog Training Zues Takes On K9 Master Class
- Private Dog Training Encinitas CA Private Dog Trainers
- D.T. the Dog Training Video 5 | Introducing E-Collar and Formal Obedience