- Having fun with ‘thinking’ games for your dog
Alpha Dog Obedience Training – Basic Steps to Train Your Dog
As the title suggests, praise and positive re-enforcement are your keys to quick and easy obedience training for your dog.
The old saying “dogs are man’s best friend,” didn’t work its way into our every day life by accident. It has taken centuries of man working alongside the Canine and breeding desirable traits into the popular breeds of today. From the tiniest Chihuahua to the biggest Bull Mastiff and everything in between, each breed carries a desirable trait for its master. Along with size, color, type of fur and demeanor. The inherent trait of wanting to please its master, is probably the most desired and useful trait a dog could own. Using your dogs trait to please its master is the most effective way to train any dog. Ever hear the old saying “You attract more bee’s with honey?” Well, the same holds true with training your dog. Good dog obedience training is simply about praising the good behavior of your dog and ignoring the bad.
Praise that can re-enforce wanted behavior can be anything from a simple “GOOD BOY” to a nice piece of steak! A good pat on the head or scratch behind the ears are a couple of my favorites. This type of training can be done under many situations. Let’s say you are working on the command “sit.” If you find your dog in a nice sitting position even without your command. You can use this as an opportunity to positively re-enforce the command”sit.” As the dog is all ready sitting you can tell him/her “good boy! Sit, that is a good sit!” (pet or give him a treat).
Now lets talk a little about handling the not so good behavior. I know that this can be the most challenging part of training a dog. Let me point out the most important thing you have to remember when it comes to dealing with bad behavior. IF YOU DON’T CATCH YOUR DOG IN THE ACT there is no chance for learning or correcting the behavior. If you do catch your dog in the act of say chewing on your brand new dinning room table, (which has happened to me), you must first control your emotions. Then firmly say,”NO!” and re-direct them to what they are aloud to chew on. Now comes the really hard part… praise them for chewing on the correct chew toy. Keep your rage for that Saturday morning kick boxing class.
So, remember “Good Dog!” Obedience Training. Is the best and fastest way to train your dog. And you will be rewarded as you develop confidence in your dog and your relationship with your dog. An unbeatable combination for a long lasting rewarding companionship.
Happy training, thanks for reading.
The Top 5 Things You Need to Ask Before Engaging in Home Dog Training Services
Are you sick and tired of waking up to find another good pair of shoes all chewed out? Do you hate having people over because you just know they’ll get slobbered all over or worse? Are the water puddles and poop mounds around the house finally getting to your nerves? If you are, then it’s time to get some dog training in your house.
In home dog training services are getting more popular these days. Pet owners, while they would like to train their dogs themselves, either don’t have the time or don’t know how to. Professional trainers are called in to do the job for them. The owners get to watch their dog’s progress in the convenience and privacy of their houses. If you are considering having your pet educated at home, here are five important things you need to ask before you call the dog trainer.
What level of obedience does your canine qualify for? If he already has a modicum of dog manners, this means you already have had some success in dog training and you may want to consider following it up yourself. However, if you correctly asses yourself incapable of teaching your pet anything, then have the professional over as soon as possible.
Where can I find good trainers? The best gauge is the work itself. Do you have neighbors and friends who’ve had transformed pets and swear by the services of a particular dog whisperer? If not, they probably know someone who does. There are also companies that specialize in dog behavior modification and obedience training you can check out. You can leaf through the yellow pages or surf in the internet to find these people that will offer you the right services at the best price.
What do I look for in a good trainer? The most important thing in a trainer is his method of teaching the dog. Any form of violence or yelling or undue force should not be tolerated under any circumstances. Ask for records or referrals you can personally inspect for yourself. While there are no official animal training government licenses, most trainers have undergone certified courses to equip them in their in home dog training profession. A CDT or CDTA certification from the International Association of Canine Professionals is one of the best qualifications they can have.
Which is better: individual or group classes? One-on-one sessions will ensure that your pet gets all the attention and teaching concentrated on him. It will probably help him learn faster. Group classes on the other hand, will help the dog further develop social skills with others of his own kind. If the trainer is good, he will be able to customize his teaching to each student’s learning curve. It will also be better economically for more people to pitch in and share the expense of their dog’s education. If you prefer group classes, form one with pet owners you know who take good care of their pets – with all the rough housing that’s bound to happen, you wouldn’t want your own infected with fleas or other kinds of infection.
What age should training begin? Right now! The optimal time to start training puppies is at 8 weeks old. However, it’s never too late to teach adult dogs basic commands and progress from there. If you are willing and your dog is present, it can be done. Through in home dog training, a safe and easy way to a well-trained dog is possible.
- Dog Training Tips : Train for a Rescue Dog
Complete Information to Irish Wolfhound Training
The very common breed of domestic dogs, Irish wolfhound will be the tallest breed known in the world and received their name not primarily for the reason that of their ultimate pony-size, but since they have gifted trait of wolf hunter. Guy is familiar with this oldest breed given that 400 Advert. Nowadays persons love to know numerous things about this breed, specially Irish wolfhound training. Due to the fact of their unique wolf trait Irish wolfhounds take part in quite a few wars, and even protect their companion species and theirs owners from many hazards like wolves, elk, and deer. In previously occasions, these special fought over breeds had been even provided as gifts of sovereigns.
Now, allow us know some facts about Irish wolfhounds before we talk about Irish wolfhound instruction in details. These attention-grabbing details are:
– Color: Irish wolfhounds are essentially found in black, white, fawn, Metal grey, red, brindle and wheaten colour. However the Irish wolfhounds found in white coloring look really cute.
– Weight: The male species of Irish wolfhound often weigh 120 lbs whereas females weigh 90 lbs.
– Nature: Irish wolfhounds are really sweet and have an effortless going nature. They generate a healthy bond with proprietors. However they could be fairly morose if they alone for a long duration.
Now right here are couple of facts about Irish wolfhound training which can easily help you in understanding your friend inside a superior way:
– Know about their nature: You might understand that Irish wolfhound training is fairly simpler compared to other breeds. They easily get acquainted with their firm but mild reliable leadership.
– Interact with them: Their intellect and temperament tends to make them extremely responsive to their master??£¤s instructions but nonetheless it I rather vital to give a complete Irish wolf hound training to make sure the puppy develop as an sociable and well-behaved animal.
– Give them adore and care: Irish wolfhound is extremely various from others in relation to socialization. They really like to obtain severe enjoy, care and interest and therefore, do not just call for socialization. So, spend proper hrs together with your Irish wolfhound.
– Don’t be reluctant in introducing them: By no means hesitate to carry your Irish wolfhound in front of one’s buddies. This is among the most endearing attributes of this specie that they remain fairly even in unfamiliar surroundings. So, go on boost their confidence by introducing them.
– Train them patiently: Though performing Irish wolfhound coaching you should not behave harsh with them. Considering that, Irish wolfhounds are rather intelligent instructing them a simple command is just a little one??£¤s play. So, train them unwearyingly and gently.
– Praise your wolfhound: Remember that whenever your Irish wolfhound learns the trick precisely then constantly praise them and give additional care.
– Just fundamental training for first puppy: These dogs grow rather quick and can effortlessly get infected with a number of skeletal disorders on account of incorrect feeding behavior and mistaken workouts. So, just enable formal exercise and training for anyone who is instruction your initial puppy pal.
– Proper rest time: Usually give your wolfhound substantial time to relaxation for correct wellness. Protect the puppy wolfhound from stranger canines.
– Act being a pack leader: To train your wolfhound inside the finest way you presume yourself as being a pack leader to make things easier for your puppy and to make him react properly. By this way you could make his loyalty quickly with continuous loving and even-handed interaction along with your wolfhound.
So, go nearer to your wolfhound and spend good quality time within your Irish wolfhound coaching.
- Security Dog Training
- German Shepherd puppy obedience training | 8 weeks old | Valor K9 Academy, LLC
Trainer Tip Tuesday:Prepare Your Dog for Your Baby
Is your family expecting? Are you a little tense about introducing your new baby to your dog? If youre hoping for a smooth transition, then youll want to start preparing your dog months before the baby ever arrives. Your dog will inevitably go through lots of changes when the baby is born, so its best to ease him into the new routine gradually. Have your dog practice impulse control behaviors like down-stays around all the baby stuff (cribs, carriers, swings and other contraptions). You can also proof the down-stay by holding a doll and playing tracks of baby sounds, like you see in this video. Remember, its much easier to set your dog up to succeed proactively than it is to try to undo a bad experience after the baby has arrived.