- Positive Dog Training – Chinese Crested Dog Training
- Dog Training without equipment on the dog
- Dog Training w/ Dogtra E-Collar Video Ebook Available 19.99
- Protection Dog/Obedience Demonstration
How To Train Your Hunting Dog
Do you love dogs? There are different kinds and species of dogs which can be kept as a pet at home. But you need to make sure that you are a good master and you are capable of training your dog in the best possible way.
You need to know all about dogs before you can decide to bring a dog at home. There are certain people who are quite interested in the hunting dog. These kinds of dogs usually need special care and treatment.
Most of the time these dogs are found to be aggressive and this is the reason why people usually avoid these dogs. Hunting dogs are required for a number of reasons. Dog aggression can be quite dangerous for your family members as well as the people visiting your house.
You should learn how to train your dog so that he listens to your command. If you are a hunter then the hunting dog can be one of your assets. When you buy these dogs then make sure that they are in the puppy stage.
You need to train them from their childhood. You can choose any breed of dog but make sure that you purchase it from some reputable builder. The first thing that you must take up is obedience training.
You first commands must be easy and simple like sit, heel and stay. When you go through obedience training for your dog you should make sure that you bond well with him. This is the best time to create a relation with your pet. From this time onwards he will accept you as his master and will listen to your commands.
You must also make sure that you show your kindness to your dog. It is very important to teach him proper discipline so that he responds to you whenever you give any command. Other than this, you also need to get rid of the dog aggression especially when he is with the family members.
To train the aggressive dogs you need to be strong and firm. You should also use a firm voice to tell no. whenever he goes to bite or barks at somebody tell him no in a very firm and determined voice.
People have a tendency to punish the dogs when they are aggressive but this can create a bad effect. Instead of this you must be calm and cool so that you can handle the dog properly. You can purchase these dogs from the dog stores.
You will find certain dog stores where you have hunting dogs for sale. If you know all about dogs then you can surely be successful in training your dog in the best possible way.
Some Handy Puppy Training Tips
Training your puppy should be fun for both you and the puppy. You will quickly see that puppies have an astonishing ability to learn complex demands very easily and quickly. Below follows a few tips that you should keep in mind when training your puppy.
1. Start with training your puppy as soon as they arrive at your home. Although puppies should learn very quickly, there attention span will be relatively short, and you should therefore try to not spend more than 10 – 15 minutes on training twice daily.
2. Proceed with training when your puppy is relaxed, and when the atmosphere around the house is quiet. You should move the location for training to an increasingly more complex and more stimulating environment after your puppy has learned a response in one environment,. It is important for your puppy to be trained in each environment that you wish for them to react in.
3. Learning occurs more quickly if one person teaches the puppy first and then the other family members get drawn in. You should train the puppy using one-word commands like “come” and “sit down”. You should attempt not to use the puppy’s name in connection with the command, as too much verbal commands are puzzling and will slow down the learning process.
4. Reward suitable behavior as soon as doable after giving the command, but it is best within ½ second. Give respected rewards such as food, touch and praise your puppy every time they respond to a command. You will rapidly learn which reward is more appreciated by your puppy. As soon as the response is learned, give the rewards sporadically. This will produce quick learning and generate a more permanent response.
5. If your puppy does not succeed at any level of the training process, stop the training, do not reward your puppy and start the training process again, but at a simpler level. How consistently a puppy reacts to a command is a role of the degree of training. If a puppy reacts only when they feel like it, or when the environment is calm, you should start again and train more deeply.
6. You should be patient, and never punish your puppy. The contrary of reward is to not reward, and not punishment. A punishment that causes pain or exhilaration does not work and usually causes problems. Punishment may also get in the way of the bond between the owner and the animal. If the puppy is doing something that is unsuitable, you should distract the reward or use the reward for responding to a command which is unsuited with the unwanted behavior.
- Dog training tips: Download free dog training e-book
- PREMIER Dog Training Lessons