Training Your Dog With Live Birds
Game hunters know how important a good dog is. A good hunting dog can strengthen your eyes and ears, and it’s always more fun to have a companion with you when you’re hunting! However, for the most effective hunting, you need a dog that’s well trained. This means obeying commands, of course, but a good hunting dog should also know what’s expected of him in the field.
One way hunters train their dogs is with live birds. That is, they take their dogs out to chase (and hunt) birds, using the opportunity to train the dogs out in the wild.
There are many advantages to using this method. One obvious advantage is that the dog gets real experience interacting with birds, and learns in real time what to do based on your commands, praise, and reprimands.
Another advantage is that you, the hunter, can see how your dog interacts with live birds so you can tailor your training techniques to fit your dog’s personality, as well as your hunting style. After all, if you have a pointing breed, you would want to curtail catching behavior early. With flushing and retriever breeds, on the other hand, you want to praise catching behavior, since dogs that try to catch birds will be better flushers.
If you want to train your dog with live birds, there are a couple of things you’ll need. The first is, of course, birds. Many trainers recommend using good flying quail. They may be difficult to find, but it’s worth it in order to have a well trained bird dog. The other thing you’ll need is a quality quail recaller.
When you have your quails and you’re ready to train your dog with live birds, put about two dozen quails in a box and don’t let them eat for a day. The next day, take the birds, a small block of ice, some game bird feed, and your recaller into the field. Scatter the feed across the area, and put the box down nearby. Cut a hole in the box and cover it with the block of ice, preventing the quails from escaping. Then walk away.
Once the ice melts, the quail will be able to leave the box and will find the feed. (Make sure there is water nearby, as well.) After about a week, you can run your dogs on the birds. This provides a controlled area for you and your dog to train with live birds. As with any training, patience and consistency are important to help your dog learn what you want.
Training is important for good hunting dogs. And while it’s great to teach a dog to hunt with commands, there’s nothing quite like getting in the field with live birds to teach your hunting companion exactly what to do in a hunt. And before you know it, you’ll have a great hunter!
- 1.5 Year Old GSP! Private Training Seminar in Fort Lauderdale, Florida! Dog Training with Nick White
- Training Your Dog To A PetSafe Electronic Invisible Dog Fence
- How to Train a Dog to Pay Attention (K9-1.com)
Great Orange County Web Design
When you choose Orange County web design, you have a large number of choices at your command. With so much to think about with regard to your website design, Orange County CA can be a truly confusing place. For every different type of business, a great website is critical. Having a great website can be the difference between becoming a successful company and being forgotten at the first opportunity that presents itself. With so many different options available, it would be very easy to simply slip into a state of analysis paralysis. However, there are ways you can tell what you are getting before you shell out the money.
When it comes to leading website design, Orange County CA has its share of individuals who would appear to have very little idea what they are doing. However, a company that is staffed with true professionals must handle your website design Orange County CA project. You can identify a professional web design company because such a company will have a long track record of completing their projects successfully and have repeat business from clients. Another way you can tell that a company is doing well is if it has won awards. When your website design Orange County CA is on the line, you don’t want to trust it to novices.
Winning awards is not necessarily the only way to tell that a website design Orange County CA company is up to snuff. In some cases, you can see the effects of their particular website design because it helps the clients’ businesses grow even further. A design company should be able to work with all kinds of other businesses and create a brand or design wholly unique to each client. A small amount of talent and a willingness to put in the work required are two of the best characteristics that separate a great Orange County web design company from a company that creates ordinary designs. Orange County is full of both and sometimes the differences are not so easy to see.
When the design of your website is truly important to you and your business, it is essential to work with a great team. One such team that works with many successful companies in the California region and beyond is Urban Geko, whose website you can find at www.urbangeko.com. With a company of this caliber, you can trust that your brand will grow stronger with their help.
- QUICK TIP 4 Dog aggression on lead cause and cure
- Search Dog Training Pictures
Dog Training Tips: How To Train A Puppy To Sit
People who love dogs would recognize a boxer dog right away – it’s hard to miss a handsome dog with chiseled head, cropped ears and a muscular build which stands on its hind legs, prepping to box with its front paws. Boxer dogs are among the most favorite pet companions of people across the globe and for good reason; boxers have an entire list of fine attributes from being calm, intuitive dogs to being playful and patient. But just like any other animal, your boxer needs appropriate training and care to turn it into a lovable canine family pet. To help you with boxer dog training, heed these useful tips:
1. Get to know your dog first. Learn about the boxer breed even before bringing a new puppy home. Research is an inevitable first step to responsible dog ownership. Every dog breed highlights peculiarities in a particular group of canines. Extremely intelligent and playful, boxers forge strong bonds with their owners that last through their lifetimes. Knowing how to train one is crucial to a loyal companionship.
2. Begin with a puppy. Naturally intelligent dogs, boxers are stubborn and strong-willed breeds. Housebreaking and obedience training as best done as early as possible. Also, because of their defined features and creased brows, people tend to assume boxers are ferocious dogs and are naturally aggressive. In truth, boxers are more playful than many other dog breeds but are excellent guard dogs as well. As in any other dog, a boxer protective instinct is roused with perceived threat or aggression. It’s best to train your boxer early to recognize any potential problems.
3. Prepare to be tested. At about 13 weeks old, your boxer puts your resolve to the test. You’ll know it’s time to be tough on boxer dog training when your pet nips and chews and generally ignores your commands. When boxers give you the dominance test, it’s important to assume the leadership role and be firmly consistent. Dogs are pack animals; even boxers submit to the recognized pack leader.
4. Socialize with your dog. An important aspect of boxer dog training is socialization. Boxers need to get used to being around other dogs and people. This is important to curb aggressive tendencies. While training classes are excellent ways to expose your pet to others of his kind, it is equally important for owners to socialize with their pets. Play with your dog. Boxers are an exuberant bundle and would make good running companions. They’d also enjoy long walks or a game of catch.
Benefits of a Trained Boxer Dog
Boxer dog training itself is both an enjoyable and fulfilling experience where owner and pet grow to love and respect the other. Once you’re past the stubbornness of your boxer and have established a strong bond with him, you’ve won a friend, protector and companion for life. Boxers are excellent guard dogs and family pets. You’d be surprised to find your pet is also a pretty useful working dog as well.